Eyes On The Prize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Admin
Commissioner:
Warmaster91
Deputy Commissioners:
HELLCAT3
SweetMojaveRain
Trade Admin:
Yaozer031
Ret. Commissioner:
BigRed8592

AFC NORTH

Owner Record
Lazereyes 4-2
V1ol3nt 4-3
Dasa 1-6
charlie 1-6

AFC SOUTH

Owner Record
Warren 6-0
Mauve 3-3
Obama 2-4
Justiceleague 2-5

AFC EAST

Owner Record
Hellcat 6-0
Elite 4-2
BigRed 3-4
mota 2-4

AFC WEST

Owner Record
Rain 6-1
tdwheat 3-4
War 3-4
Parker 1-5
Super Bowl History

M10 - SEASON 1

ddhamaka 21
Yaozer 13

M10 - SEASON 2

Mauve 31
BigRed 3

M11 - SEASON 3

Wiggler 36
Elite 33

M11 - SEASON 4

Yaozer 35
phil 14

M11 - SEASON 5

Yaozer 38
Hellcat 28

M11 - SEASON 6

Justice 20
Langston 17

M11 - SEASON 7

Yaozer 30
COBB 24

M12 - SEASON 8

PTC 31
Lethal 30

M12 - SEASON 9

Yaozer 34
BigRed 31

M12 - SEASON 10

PTC 17
Prince 16

M12 - SEASON 11

Prince 45
Philly 28

M12 - SEASON 12

Hellcat 35
NorrinRadd 33

M12 - SEASON 13

NorrinRadd 28
Philly 17

Owners vs. Coaches

+8
BigRed8592
Yaozer031
Firebomb
barackaXflocka
warren123
BamaRover
hofmeister929
War
12 posters

Go down

Owners or Coaches

Owners vs. Coaches Vote_lcap53%Owners vs. Coaches Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 9 ]
Owners vs. Coaches Vote_lcap47%Owners vs. Coaches Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Owners vs. Coaches Empty Owners vs. Coaches

Post by War Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:23 am

So, as people have been aware due to my incessant complaining, I'm having funds issues as an owner. I know other people are as well, and it creates an issue with roster management.

As such I'd like to get people's opinions on coaches versus owners. The owner option is cool, it allows more control (trainers, scouts, funds, stadiums, etc.) but can create problems with teams if people don't pay attention and drain funds like crazy -- especially if you take over a team as a new player and have negative funds (it's very frustrating, I've been in that position in other leagues).

My proposition, should we choose to go over to coaches (I will double check we can do so, as Edson says, and it won't lock your teams), is to swap everybody over after the Super Bowl is played, booting the inactive people in the process. That way we can advance to the offseason as soon as everybody makes the swap over, and you can do all of your offseason activities knowing it's on coach mode now.

Thoughts?

Last edited by War on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
War
War
Commissioner

http://www.thenfldraftreport.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Owners vs. Coaches Empty Re: Owners vs. Coaches

Post by hofmeister929 Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:28 am

Stays as OWNERS.

Unless we are 100% sure there will no issues switching over, I say we stay as owners to make it simple and prevent more issues.
hofmeister929
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by BamaRover Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am

Coaches. If like Barcka says there are no issues then I believe him. I feel it would even the playing field and take away the advantage some owners have because the game gives them more funds
BamaRover
BamaRover
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

http://www.atlantafalcons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warren123 Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 am

I'm good with it either way, if it's avoidable to go into negative then I'd say it's the owners fault but if it's completely maddens fault then change is fine. If you're a coach can the team still go under and you can't sign guys?
warren123
2-Time Super Bowl Champ
2-Time Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by barackaXflocka Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:20 pm

we should definitely double check to see that it doesn't lock us out, but if that proves to not be a problem then I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be allowed to be coaches.

being an owner in the last madden wasn't a problem, but for some reason they made it hard to accumulate any reasonable amount of funds this time around unless you create a new stadium, move to a bigger market, win big and consistently. managing how efficiently I sell hot dogs and overpriced memorabilia shouldn't determine whether or not I can pay enough players to fill a 53 man roster. Even without stadium revenue (tickets, concessions) most NFL teams could still thrive on corporate sponsorships and mega TV deals alone so I don't see why madden made it so crippling to your franchise if you don't sell these things.

Also being a coach has some downsides and doesn't give you an unfair advantage because you still have to manage your cap space efficiently, and you have the potential to be fired if you do poorly at seasons end.

tl:dr madden sucks and ruined owners mode, let us switch to coaches as long as no one gets locked out so we can sign our own damn players.
barackaXflocka
barackaXflocka
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebomb Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:10 pm

if your a owner and leave you simply cannot be owner again. same as coach. but you can go between coach and owner and owner to coach no problem. otherwise it will say " you have been barred from this team" if you try to leave as a owner and come back as owner.
Firebomb
Firebomb
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaozer031 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Stay as owners!
Yaozer031
Yaozer031
5-Time Super Bowl Champ
5-Time Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:58 pm

After that long discussion in the chatbox, I'll say let's stick with owners one more season and see how we are after that. Once a lot of larger salaries, bonuses and such are cut down from expiring contracts or trades, I'm predicting by the end of Year 2 we'll be okay. This coming from an owner that currently has $-5M in funds.
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

https://eotp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by War Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Vote added above.
War
War
Commissioner

http://www.thenfldraftreport.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zoufan Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:30 pm

I say stay as owners. Agree with what Red had to say, and at least give it 2 seasons before making any decisions.
zoufan
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rolph Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm

I usually dont care about these votes but stay as owners. People with no funds are losing and angry they cant do other of the parts now because they cant win. Why would we wanna take away the advantage of funds as owners everyone knew it exists when we started. Im in a small market and have a 20s ranked stadium and im fine our chatacters started with low funds and the more the league goes the more we will get. To compare it to real life isnt accurate the only tome those comparisons should be made is basic rule making. I know it sounds like a dick thing but if u have no funds u managed it wrong made ur bed now u gotta deal with it. We cant change the league all the time to take out these "advantages" because certain people cant do it. We all knew we had to make money and if u couldnt do ot theres always next year.
rolph
rolph
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rolph Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 pm

We havent even played a season let it play out before u decide its broke cause it effects u negatively
rolph
rolph
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barackaXflocka Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

rolph wrote:Why would we wanna take away the advantage of funds as owners everyone knew it exists when we started.
we didn't know that you'd make less in funds this madden if you had a losing season. wasn't the case before

rolph wrote:Im in a small market and have a 20s ranked stadium and im fine our chatacters started with low funds and the more the league goes the more we will get. To compare it to real life isnt accurate the only tome those comparisons should be made is basic rule making.

we don't have to make comparisons to real life, we can just compare it to other maddens. this isn't the first time we fixed something madden nerfed (draft classes in madden 25 to ncaaa draft classes)

rolph wrote:I know it sounds like a dick thing but if u have no funds u managed it wrong made ur bed now u gotta deal with it.
this basically says losing teams should deal with no funds, and you should improve with no funds even if that means you lose the players you already have. even though you have the cap space to sign said players

rolph wrote:We cant change the league all the time to take out these "advantages" because certain people cant do it.
we don't change the league all the time. there's about one or two changes a generation in accordance with how that madden plays to balance things out.

rolph wrote:We all knew we had to make money and if u couldnt do ot theres always next year.
only way to make money is to win and i don' see how i can do that next year if i cant field a 53 man roster and keep my good players

also, i don't think you're a dick. i just don't agree with you. people can disagree. no big thing.
barackaXflocka
barackaXflocka
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bize Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:56 am

Coaches. It seems rather unfair that if you have one bad season, the game punishes you to a point of no return. I'm not in that situation - I'm just looking at it from others perspectives.
Bize

Back to top Go down

Post by ScaredHitless59 Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:50 pm

I know that I am not in the league but I thought I could weigh in on this. I am currently in a coaches league and have seen very little problems. There was a lot of issues with owner mode that was creating an uneasiness when a season or two was tested. What we found was that unless you are a "big" market team, you have a hard time succeeding in owner mode. This owner mode is not like M25 in where all you had to do was tweak your concessions and revenue and win half of your games to come out positive on the year. So far, we have seen nothing but good things out of this and testing is still going on with the owner mode on the side and things are still not good after 3 seasons. It would almost be worth it to finish this season in EOTP and start from scratch.
ScaredHitless59

Back to top Go down

Post by ScaredHitless59 Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

ScaredHitless59 wrote: So far, we have seen nothing but good things out of this and testing is still going on with the owner mode on the side and things are still not good after 3 seasons.  

Good things out of the coaches mode, not owner mode.
ScaredHitless59

Back to top Go down

Post by rolph Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:26 pm

U cant weigh in
rolph
rolph
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content