Eyes On The Prize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Admin
Commissioner:
Warmaster91
Deputy Commissioners:
HELLCAT3
SweetMojaveRain
Trade Admin:
Yaozer031
Ret. Commissioner:
BigRed8592

AFC NORTH

Owner Record
Lazereyes 4-2
V1ol3nt 4-3
Dasa 1-6
charlie 1-6

AFC SOUTH

Owner Record
Warren 6-0
Mauve 3-3
Obama 2-4
Justiceleague 2-5

AFC EAST

Owner Record
Hellcat 6-0
Elite 4-2
BigRed 3-4
mota 2-4

AFC WEST

Owner Record
Rain 6-1
tdwheat 3-4
War 3-4
Parker 1-5
Super Bowl History

M10 - SEASON 1

ddhamaka 21
Yaozer 13

M10 - SEASON 2

Mauve 31
BigRed 3

M11 - SEASON 3

Wiggler 36
Elite 33

M11 - SEASON 4

Yaozer 35
phil 14

M11 - SEASON 5

Yaozer 38
Hellcat 28

M11 - SEASON 6

Justice 20
Langston 17

M11 - SEASON 7

Yaozer 30
COBB 24

M12 - SEASON 8

PTC 31
Lethal 30

M12 - SEASON 9

Yaozer 34
BigRed 31

M12 - SEASON 10

PTC 17
Prince 16

M12 - SEASON 11

Prince 45
Philly 28

M12 - SEASON 12

Hellcat 35
NorrinRadd 33

M12 - SEASON 13

NorrinRadd 28
Philly 17

Broken Plays Discussion

+8
immortalcry
ChillyRy
Dasamman07
PTC
Hellcat
rolph
Chuko
BigRed8592
12 posters

Go down

Broken Plays Discussion Empty Broken Plays Discussion

Post by BigRed8592 Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm

This has been talked about for quite the past few seasons and this week just seemed to draw the line, at least for me. Including my overall experience as well as experiences I heard from others in the league, the curl route seems to be abused quite a lot now on crucial plays since the play is broken. Hopefully this will be fixed come Madden 13 though until then we need to fix this situation right now. We can even include some other plays if you want to talk about any other broken plays. Whatever we do fix, at the end of this discussion we will have rules up to help or prevent any other broken situations we can.

Last edited by BigRed8592 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

https://eotp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Broken Plays Discussion Empty Re: Broken Plays Discussion

Post by Chuko Tue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

4th and 23.....curl route all the way
Chuko
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Tue May 29, 2012 8:10 pm

This is definitely not a joking matter. If we don't get something fixed about this, I'm definitely, 100% considering ending the league until Madden 13 even midseason or rather yet if someone else wanted to continue this Madden 12 because I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same people complain about it, including myself, and each season we never get anything done about. I ask you guys time and time again about this and I want to get feedback from everyone else since whenever I do implement a rule of my own or if I attempt to, most members get pissed off or rather yet consider leaving all together.

We need something done NOW! How can I help the league in any way if I can get a simple feedback or suggestion from anyone? And again, I'm not joking and everything I just said I am definitely taking into consideration especially with the lack of commitment I've been seeing these past few days in games played and people ACTUALLY being on any time on the website or live to get their game scheduled. To me, the way I see it more and more people here are just sick and tired of playing Madden 12 and just refuse to type it in a message to me and prefer to just send a PM giving some stupid excuse.. That's what I see.
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by rolph Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Ban the goalline fade and 3rd down curls
rolph
rolph
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellcat Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Sorry, but banning certain plays is not the way to go. I dont even use curls but it should not be banned.

As most of you all know already its almost imposible to play a %100 sim game. The only thing that i can think of is getting rid of zig zagging bullshit. Use the RS for petes sake!

As for banning certain routes. I think that would be more of a turnoff then be more of a contribution to the league.

Cant think of anything else at the moment, but if it does ill post.
Hellcat
Hellcat
2-Time Super Bowl Champ
2-Time Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by PTC Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Ban swerving, it's cheese plain and simple. Allowing swerving is no different than allowing rocket catches or nanos in my opinion.

I don't see any reason to ban curls, I've never had a problem stopping them. Especially vs the people who use them a lot, it gets very predictable. I very very rarely run them myself so I couldn't care less either way.
PTC
2-Time Super Bowl Champ
2-Time Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Broken Plays Discussion Empty Curl Routes

Post by Dasamman07 Wed May 30, 2012 8:53 am

I really don't see the problem in curl routes. I run them probably more than the average user and they don't work for me 100% of the time to establish them as "broken". If you press cover the route is basically dead, if you play Cover 2, 3, or 4 the route covered. I don't really see a reason to ban it.
Dasamman07
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChillyRy Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 am

I am fine with banning a play (or plays) that are deemed broken. I really can't say I have had many run on me.

I'd really push for banning goal line fades though. Probably because I play Immortal 2x season.

I'm up for whatever rules make the league better.
ChillyRy
ChillyRy
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Broken Plays Discussion Empty No against a ban on curl routes.

Post by immortalcry Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

I have no issue when individuals use curl routes. they are extremely easy to stop. If you need to look at something, then look at Slants, or Screens. Used way to much and easy to beat most defenses. Goal line fade? really??.. Manually use the CB to break up the pass, its easy.

My only Real gripe is moving the MLB. OLB or SS constantly before the snap allowing the individual to be in the back field at the instant the ball is snapped. I think most of the guys that did that are now gone.. but its a item for next year possibly.
immortalcry
immortalcry
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauvestorm89 Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 pm

I don't have a problem with curl routes. Its a route that is hard to defend. That's exactly why it exists. Granted, I dont think someone should be throwing to the curl route 14-15 times a game, but then there are already rules about running the same play over and over again anyways. If someone is doing that then just save the replays and he SHOULD be punished.

I haven't seen anyone consistently abuse curl routes. If someone runs curl routes every 3rd down then you should be able to expect it and stop it. If you can't stop it then its a good strategy, not a broken play.
Mauvestorm89
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

http://www.blackpeoplemeet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you guys for your feedback.

I do agree with swerving and I believe we should implement a rule on that immediately. Let me get your thoughts on how it should appear. Here's what I got (this is how it would be displayed in the Rules & Guidelines:

Swerving
Swerving is any matter while running with the ball is not allowed! If you aren't familiar, swerving is when you avoid a defender by just moving them around with the Left Stick (LS). The game has given us controls with the Right Stick (RS) and B Button so we can juke and do spin moves ourselves. Any type of swerving will follow up with a warning/punishment.

Thoughts?
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuko Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:59 pm

swerving is pretty gay (although it got me that clutch 3rd down against u last game) especially when used excessively by running backs. It would be hard to define a swerve though because sometimes players make a distinct change of direction, not a juke, or a spin, but rather run towards a different area of the field to get away from people, especially if there is considerable distance between themselves and defenders. Swerving by definition would require two or more changes of direction without the RS being used. Hard to enforce, but I believe it could be done.
Chuko
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauvestorm89 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah even with that definition I'm still a little confused about what constitutes swerving and am a little afraid that I'll swerve without knowing it.

Does it count as swerving if you are running towards the LOS and see a new hole so you "swerve" to head towards the other hole? I don't think it should, since juking or spinning may not be accurate enough to successfully make it into the hole.

Does it count as swerving if you have a big break away down the sideline with only one man in front of you and you run towards the player (towards the middle of the field) at a time when he doesn't expect it in order to gain some room between the two of you? I don't think it should either because its a sim thing. It happened in the Saints/Lions game where Meachem scored a deep td and kept CB Wright twisting back and forth until he blew past him (I tried to find a video of it but couldn't for some reason). Also, using a juke in the situation will slow down your player, which could give another defensive player enough time to catch up and make the tackle. It just wouldn't make sense to do anything but change running direction whilst maintaining your speed.

**Edit: Found the video. Although its not exactly what I was describing it does show that "swerving" is a real and legit thing. If a player wants to try and make a tackle they should utilizing the strafe button. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/4/2611492/video-robert-meachem-touchdown-saints-lions-drew-brees-eric-wright
Mauvestorm89
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Chuko wrote:swerving is pretty gay (although it got me that clutch 3rd down against u last game) especially when used excessively by running backs. It would be hard to define a swerve though because sometimes players make a distinct change of direction, not a juke, or a spin, but rather run towards a different area of the field to get away from people, especially if there is considerable distance between themselves and defenders. Swerving by definition would require two or more changes of direction without the RS being used. Hard to enforce, but I believe it could be done.

It is definitely hard to enforce, however with efficient evidence we should be able to tell if it was abused the wrong way or accidentally. Especially if the user did it more than once.

Mauvestorm89 wrote:Yeah even with that definition I'm still a little confused about what constitutes swerving and am a little afraid that I'll swerve without knowing it.

Does it count as swerving if you are running towards the LOS and see a new hole so you "swerve" to head towards the other hole? I don't think it should, since juking or spinning may not be accurate enough to successfully make it into the hole.

Does it count as swerving if you have a big break away down the sideline with only one man in front of you and you run towards the player (towards the middle of the field) at a time when he doesn't expect it in order to gain some room between the two of you? I don't think it should either because its a sim thing. It happened in the Saints/Lions game where Meachem scored a deep td and kept CB Wright twisting back and forth until he blew past him (I tried to find a video of it but couldn't for some reason). Also, using a juke in the situation will slow down your player, which could give another defensive player enough time to catch up and make the tackle. It just wouldn't make sense to do anything but change running direction whilst maintaining your speed.

**Edit: Found the video. Although its not exactly what I was describing it does show that "swerving" is a real and legit thing. If a player wants to try and make a tackle they should utilizing the strafe button. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/4/2611492/video-robert-meachem-touchdown-saints-lions-drew-brees-eric-wright

Hmm this got me as well. Problem is that it is a little realistic, but like some plays in madden it's way too effective and unless you perfectly time your tackle even the slowest player will be able to burn one of the best tacklers. As for the swerving I think it's all right to do it when you are running through the gap but if it's like in the field and you got like a 1-on-1 situation with a defender that's when you probably should use juke and spin moves. But just a thought anyone else can pitch in on what they think.
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS0817 Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 am

Not that you would want to do it but i was in a league as a matter of fact the seahawks owner was in that league to and they had a curl route rule, it was 1st time i had ever seen a rule for it.

I think it was like this

Can only run curl on 1st or 2nd down
never on 3rd dwn
can only run curl on 10 yards or less
and never run back back plays

the haks could det link if interested in any part of the rule it realy does cut it down tremendously/

ps though its not fair to the guys who only run that route 1, 2 or 0 times a game.
its a shame that guys put way more interest in a win then playing the right way and challenging themselfs
LUCAS0817
LUCAS0817

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 am

People dont understand this but juking and spinning is highly effective in this game.. https://www.easports.com/media/play/video/120191560 untouched and only used LS to get to the hole and position myself for a spin.. spin moves help alot if u got a big RB, it breaks a few tackle.. i reccomend people start using RS

https://www.easports.com/media/play/video/120937612 another video on how effective a spin move is when i subbed for SD
Clutch
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Broken Plays Discussion Empty Broken Plays

Post by Dasamman07 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 pm

The only question i have about whether or not this would be illegal with swerving is below:
https://www.easports.com/media/play/video/123677838

yeah i know, not my highlight but this is the only thing that concerns me and swerving in between blockers or swerving to allow a lead blocker to pick up a man. Open field swerving is stupid i agree but i just wanna make sure this isnt going to fall under the category of illegal.
Dasamman07
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauvestorm89 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Another question: Does it count as swerving if you only make one cut? I.e. if you're in the open field and you make a hard left across the field to elude someone? I think that's mainly where I'm hung up.

Also, what about Kickoffs when you're waiting for your blockers to get up the field a bit more (kind of like what Dasamman07 showed in his video)?
Mauvestorm89
Super Bowl Champ
Super Bowl Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 pm

dasamman07 wrote:The only question i have about whether or not this would be illegal with swerving is below:
https://www.easports.com/media/play/video/123677838

yeah i know, not my highlight but this is the only thing that concerns me and swerving in between blockers or swerving to allow a lead blocker to pick up a man. Open field swerving is stupid i agree but i just wanna make sure this isnt going to fall under the category of illegal.

My opinion, I don't really have a problem with this. Basically the person is just following their blockers and finding open holes.

Mauvestorm89 wrote:Another question: Does it count as swerving if you only make one cut? I.e. if you're in the open field and you make a hard left across the field to elude someone? I think that's mainly where I'm hung up.

Also, what about Kickoffs when you're waiting for your blockers to get up the field a bit more (kind of like what Dasamman07 showed in his video)?

I would say as long as you are a certain amount of yards away to do that hard left across. Not like say you are right in front of the person (in tackle distance) and you do that hard turn I would have a problem with that but if you aren't directly going toward the defender and swerving around them then I suppose it's all right. Hard to explain. Embarassed
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by AZxRusH Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

Swerving isn't a major issue in my opinion and it only seems cheesy when it's a breakaway run.

Let's ban

• fade routes for players with high jump ratings
  • streaks for speedy WRs who have good release ratings
  • outside runs for HB with speed
  • FB dive on short yardage downs
  • running between the tackles with a HB who has strong trucking ratings
  • curl routes if your opponents CB is playing 10 yards off the WR.

AZxRusH
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:59 am

AZxRusH wrote:Swerving isn't a major issue in my opinion and it only seems cheesy when it's a breakaway run.

Let's ban

• fade routes for players with high jump ratings
  • streaks for speedy WRs who have good release ratings
  • outside runs for HB with speed
  • FB dive on short yardage downs
  • running between the tackles with a HB who has strong trucking ratings
  • curl routes if your opponents CB is playing 10 yards off the WR.

If this is a smartass comment, then as mentioned already we don't need it.

Otherwise if not, first I apologize, secondly, those are all part of the game. If the CB if 10 yards off the WR, he just deserves to get curled on him. Speed HB whether they are inside or outside work almost just as equally even if they aren't trucking backs they still manage to play like one somehow. The WRs whether they have speed or if they are all possession WRs work just as equally as if they were speed freaks with release. As for fades and FB dives, these are manageable to be stopped however they do come in rarity. If you have a tall possession WR, you should have all the right in the world to do a fade. FB Dives on short can be stopped.
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by AZxRusH Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 pm

It is addressing a legitimate point so I will explain...

Each player has some type of rating that makes them stand out from the other players so banning a play because it works is wrong. Address the abuse that makes this an issue.

for example...banning fade routes because it is effective for a player with 99 jump is stupid. Now if I throw 2 fade routes to Fitzgerald every time I get in to scoring position then I am abusing the rules by not mixing it up.

If I run outside with CJ 70% of the time then I am abusing the outside run.

If I get a breakaway run and one person to beat and I start running to the left and the defender gets in front of me and I cut it to the left then it's not cheese. If he gets in front of me again and I cut it to the right it is not cheese. It is cheese if I go left-right-left in a zig-zag motion to get past him.

AZxRusH
Tenured Member
Tenured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigRed8592 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:48 pm

AZxRusH wrote:

It is addressing a legitimate point so I will explain...

Each player has some type of rating that makes them stand out from the other players so banning a play because it works is wrong. Address the abuse that makes this an issue.

for example...banning fade routes because it is effective for a player with 99 jump is stupid. Now if I throw 2 fade routes to Fitzgerald every time I get in to scoring position then I am abusing the rules by not mixing it up.

If I run outside with CJ 70% of the time then I am abusing the outside run.

If I get a breakaway run and one person to beat and I start running to the left and the defender gets in front of me and I cut it to the left then it's not cheese. If he gets in front of me again and I cut it to the right it is not cheese. It is cheese if I go left-right-left in a zig-zag motion to get past him.

I completely understand. Just wanted to make sure.
BigRed8592
BigRed8592
Former Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down